This is one of my life's goal to visit all of the highest peaks in each of the fifty states in the USA and it's territories. I am lucky enough to have April, Paisley and now Scout as well as a cast of great friends and family that tag along and share in this journey with me.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

West Virginia Spruce Knob - 4,863 feet -
me, pooh, and Paisley (her first one) this one was fun since it was paisley's first. But in true chambers fashion, the closer we got to the peak the more over cast it became and pooh got more and more car sick. I think we went the most back twisting way possible and Yes, it started to drizzle as we were getting out of the car!!! but there was no thunder or lighting so we hurried on. The trail was nice and easy and well developed but once we got there we were trapped by the rain. made for some good memories. thank goodness there was a huge shelter there to keep us out of the weather. we weren't so lucky in MD though. paze now has a new tradition, she finds a rock and paints it and puts a "p" on it then hides it. my girl!!!! good thing we brought her froggie boots.























No comments: